|Subject:||Freeedom of Information Request - "the NDIS does not fund ABA"|
|Date:||Wed, 11 Dec 2019 10:59:35 +1100|
|From:||Bob Buckley (A4 Convenor) <email@example.com>|
|Organization:||Autism Aspergers Advocacy Australia (A4)|
Freedom of Information Team
Government and Executive Services Branch
Department of Social Services (DSS)
GPO Box 9820
Canberra ACT 2601
On the 4/12/2017, Autism Aspergers Advocacy Australia (known as A4) wrote to the Hon. Mr Porter MP and others (see http://a4.org.au/node/1580). A4 received:
- an automated response acknowledging receipt of the email from the Minister, and
- a response from the Hon. J. Prentice MP that said "your email has been forwarded to the Department to provide a response as soon as possible".
Under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 1982, Autism Aspergers Advocacy Australia (A4) hereby requests copies of all documents, records, information and communication that relate to A4's letter to the Minister on the 4/12/2017. We request documents showing:
- the Department received this email from the Minister's office and from the Hon. J. Prentice MP's office and any associated documents or instructions;
- consideration of whether or not to respond, and how to respond; and
- communication with the NDIA relating to the issues raise in the email.
A4 is particularly interested in anything related to its concern raised in the the email that NDIS Planners told autistic NDIS participants and their associates either:
- "ABA doesn't work" or
- "the NDIS does not fund ABA".
A4 prefers to receive FoI responses in electronic form, rather than any paper copy.
Please contact A4's Convenor via email or by telephone (on 0418 677 288) if you want further information or clarification about this request.
A4 is the national grassroots organisation advocating for autistic people, their families, carers and associates. A4 is internet based so that Australians anywhere can participate.
Politicians and bureaucrats, note A4's policy on unanswered questions at http://a4.org.au/node/1419.
“The first step in solving any problem is recognising there is one.” Jeff Daniels as Will McEvoy in The Newsroom.