The autism/ASD advocacy group, Speaking Out for Autism Spectrum Disorders in the Australian Capital Territory (SOfASD ACT) wrote to ACT political candidates asking about their policies and plans for people affected by autism. There is an election in the ACT in October and the group feels the ASD community in the ACT need to know what prospective governments plan to do to improve outcomes for people with ASD and their associates.
SOfASD asked specific questions about policy and plans for:
- early intervention
- school age: education and other needs
- transition to post-school
- employment and "community access"
- supported accommodation
- community access and respite
- access to services
- Autism/ASD awareness
- protection of human rights
- the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
You can download the questions and background information using the link below.