Subject: Fwd: DRCO Forum 1 July [SEC=OFFICIAL]
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 16:14:28 +1000
From: Bob Buckley (A4 Convenor) <email@example.com>
I notice that the Actions from the last DRCO Forum says you would contact "the Autism Alliance and any other interested organisations about the NDIA business system and Participant Portal". I am an interested party who raised stuff relating to this issue in the meeting. I have heard nothing more. Has anything happened?
My specific concerns/desires relating to business systems, data collection and the Participant Portal include (but are not limited to):
- NDIA business/data systems do not seem to collect
- all the information that the DSM-5 says must be on an ASD diagnostic report, e.g. 2 separate severity levels, with/without ID, with/without language delay, .....
- the amounts of various types of early interventions per participant
- outcomes from early intervention
- reporting of clinicians who routinely provide substandard diagnosis and progress reports
- ASD levels breakdown by state/territory
- comorbidities for autistic participants
- the lack of a full expenditure report for an individual's plan - what items were charged against the Plan?
- plan percentiles or some other reporting on the distribution of committed funding for autistic participants
- rediagnosis reporting for DD and GDD
- people on the helpline being able to see the same as participants on the wider internet when they call up so that proper help can be provided.
Convenor, Autism Aspergers Advocacy Australia (A4)